Leading health and performance coach Gerry Hussey, TV presenter and wellness devotee Lisa Cannon, journalist and digital innovator Mark Little, and mental health advocate and musician Niall Breslin are among the Irish names announced for the inaugural Well-Tech World Summit, taking place at the Mansion House, Dublin, from 21st to 23rd March 2022.
They are among the Irish participants joining a line-up of dynamic and pioneering international experts from the wellness and technology circuits who will be speaking on diverse topics, including artificial intelligence (AI), ageing, Ayurveda, body positivity, mental health, mindful entrepreneurship, social justice, transcendental meditation, trust and safety, and wearable devices.
The Summit will open with a ‘Networking Cocktail’ evening on 21st March, followed by two full days of keynote speakers and panel discussions. The 22nd March will focus on bodily autonomy, with panel discussions on cultivating wellness in the body and mind through technology. The 23rd March will focus on technology’s role in building wellness for both individuals and society at large. The Summit will close with a youth-friendly discussion on the mental health challenges young people face, and ways in which they can help themselves and their peers using technology.
Wellness activities and workshops, including in Ayurveda, yoga and meditation, also form part of the event, as well as daily breakfast and lunch, along with a closing night reception.
An add-on ‘Wellness Day’ on 25th March will offer sessions in yoga, meditation, Ayurvedic cooking and lifestyle tips for optimal, seasonal health.
The Well-Tech World Summit Line-Up
International speaker highlights include:
- Cindy Gallop, the founder of MakeLoveNotPorn: ‘Pro-sex. Pro-porn. Pro-knowing the difference’, which is a social sex-tech platform designed to promote good sexual behaviour and good sexual values.
- David Meltzer, the former CEO of the renowned Leigh Steinberg Sports & Entertainment agency, which was the inspiration for the movie Jerry Maguire, and who is considered one of the world’s top e-sports entrepreneurs and investors.
- Frank Shamrock, a retired American professional mixed martial artist and the first to hold the UFC Middleweight Championship, who retired a four-time defending undefeated champion.
- Dr Waheed Arian, a British doctor and radiologist born in Afghanistan, who founded a telemedicine charity called Arian Teleheal. It enables doctors in conflict zones and low-resource countries to use their smartphones to receive advice from volunteer specialists in the UK, Canada and the US. Dr Arian has won several international awards for his achievements, including UN Global Hero Award (2017) and the Health Service Journal Highly Commended Rising Star Award (2016).
- Sarah Sica, transcendental meditation teacher and Director of Programs at the Center for Health & Wellness, which is a division of the David Lynch Foundation.
Other Irish speaker highlights include:
- Loretta Dignam, founder and CEO of The Menopause Hub, Ireland’s first and only dedicated multidisciplinary menopause clinic.
- Laura Dowling, the pharmacist, health & wellness enthusiast and medicines advisor behind the ‘Fabulous Pharmacist’ social media channels.
- Miriam Kerins, an integrative health and wellness coach, and yoga and meditation facilitator.
- Rob Cullen, a speaker and advocate for healthy living, who, together with his wife Yvonne, lost 13 stone (182 lbs) over two years.
- Julie B, a yoga teacher and wellness consultant, who helps to design and implement wellness programmes for leading companies, alongside mentoring yoga teachers and students.
Tickets are on sale with 10 per cent of the proceeds being donated to the Young SVP and Rape Crisis Network Ireland charities.
Commenting on the line-up announcement for Well-Tech World Summit, founder and producer Beth Lauren said, “The event is about bringing consumers, founders, financiers, wellness experts and thought leaders together to exchange ideas, build meaningful connections, collaborate on projects and products, and create new opportunities towards the optimal health of individuals and communities. Attendees will also get to experience the collective energy of group meditation, yoga and cuisine led by experts in their fields.”
For more information about the Well-Tech World Summit, visit the official website at www.welltechworldsummit.com.